Going uphill in Greenwich Park



Yesterday London hosted a mass participation cycling event. I had seen the posters but I forgot all about it. Of course I support the idea of getting more people on bikes but I am not sure I would be inspired to do this by the sight of hundreds of cyclists in identical florescent vests and helmets. I took the Trek through Greenwich Park where I saw small groups of cyclists on their way home. They looked like they were having fun. As I was on the Trek I was able to cycle up the steep hill to the Conservatory. I usually have to walk with the Brompton, so I was very pleased with the achievement. At the exit gate a local resident was collecting signatures to stop the closure of the park to prepare for the Olympics. I don’t want the park to close either.

Comments