Brompton World Championship -The London bike ride


At 6.30am on Saturday 3rd October I found out there was to be a cycle ride in the afternoon for Bromptons in London as part of the Brompton World Championship. A big race for Brompton owners which happens every year. This year at Blenheim Palace and hosted by Brompton. A reader had kindly sent me details about the race but it was full up when I went to check it out.

The cycle run started from Jubilee Gardens by the London Eye. About 50 Brompton owners turned up to cycle around the Southbank, Fleet Street, Bank and back again. Everyone I met had travelled either from outside London or from abroad. I met people who use their Bromptons, in Geneva, Milan and New York.

I felt guilty about not using the Brompton beyond London when clearly this bike can be taken around the world. I heard a rumour that the Championship is considering going to Japan. I will like to go to the Championship next year, if it is still in the UK.

Comments

Mike B said…
We hear Brompton organised a ride to brighton earlier this year with coaches laid on for the return trip because the railway people are so resistant to providing transport for bikes.
bikespotters.com missed out on covering the Brompton World Championship due to other commitments but will look out for it next year.