- The Brompton bike park. Brompton was one of the sponsors of the event and it provided a free secure space for everyone to park their bikes.
- The Ortlieb stand where I got a new catalogue and was able to see the full range of bags. I feel a purchase coming on.
- The multi coloured Pashley bikes and the very cute child’s tricycle called Pickle. I wished I was 4 again.
- The Transport for London, bike for hire stand. Bikes you can hire will soon be available at various points in London. Can’t wait. Not that I plan to use them, but I hope the scheme will get more people riding.
- The Brompton stand. I talked with R. one of the guys from the workshop who I met last week and he advised me on how to upgrade parts on my existing bike to titanium and make it lighter by 1 kg (2.5 lbs).
I think what I would like is a Slow Cycle Show. With Dutch type old fashioned bikes, or just general slow speed (nothing over 6 gear) bikes. I would invite Copenhagen Cycle Chic to provide a photo or slide display and instead of celebrity gold medal cyclists I would invite celebrities who just cycle like, Will Self, Vivienne Westwood and Zandra Rhodes.
1. Purple Brompton - favourite colour this week.
2. Transport for London Bike Hire Stand
3. Green bikes by Dutch ID
4. Blue Ortlieb Zip City
5. Baskets at the Bikecruiser stand
6. Pashley Pickle trike.