Bromptons everywhere

The bad weather continues across the UK. We have suffered less in London but if like me you rely on trains to get around as well as cycling it has been tough. I have seen so many Bromptons over the past couple weeks as Brompton owners can and do use what ever part of the transport network we can and then cycle the rest of the way. While I think about it I have seen so many other folding bikes, like Dahon too. The Brompton is holding up and the only thing I am doing is ensuring that I get the worst of any salt grit off the chain and the bike. I can see tiny signs of rust.

I don’t know how I will manage next week as I have to work up to Christmas Eve which includes a train journey to Southampton on Tuesday.

Most of the shopping has been done on line but if the presents do not arrive I will have to get some small back up gifts.

We rarely get snow at Christmas. Last year was the first time I can recall and it was gone by Christmas Eve. The romantic fantasy of having a ‘White Christmas’ turns out to be a nightmare in reality.

Comments

Leslie said…
Merry Christmas!
Cycling in Heels said…
Hi Leslie, Merry Christmas to you too!
Gareth said…
Merry Christmas all. For one moment I thought I recognised my legs but on closer inspection they are not mine.