Brilliant Brixton Cycles

The Brompton is now repaired and the job was done by the wonderful cycle collective, Brixton Cycles in Lambeth. Surprisingly I was let down by Compton Cycles who were not open despite the notice on their website saying they would be. I gave a quick call to BC and then I drove over with the Brompton in the boot. It was done inside an hour. Unfortunately the tyre had split so it had to be replaced as well as the inner tube. Total cost £39 including service. I am not sure how I split the tyre but there was a lot of salt and grit on the roads because of the snow and I guess it was something that was going to happen at some point.

Sorry no photos at present. The broadband is down because the box needs replacing and Virgin Media cannot come until Thursday. My back up dial up connection is not strong and often cuts out so I can barely get email. At least my bikes are ok.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Unknown said…
Brixton Cycles are excellent, I am glad they do Brompton repairs.

I have used Compton Cycles (bought the Brompton there) and they are normally excellent, even the curt sales guy has his moments.

The only problem is that it is a very long drive or train journey to get to that part of the city (congested roads and irregular train service) and I need only go there when I cannot cycle, so Brixton Cycles it is for me :)

Good thing you have your bike back, you're free again.
Cycling in Heels said…
I also can only get to Comptons by car and next time I will call to check that they really are open before I set off. The Brompton is working a treat and I am now considering having Brixton Cycles doing my annual service.