Ballet flats by George


I got these black cloth ballet flats in Asda supermarket in April or maybe late March. They are by ‘George’ which is the clothing range that Asda stock.

I have an ambivalent relationship with ballet flats or pumps. I have four ballet pump shoes that I keep as backup for when I am wearing heels. I have them but I often don’t use them. I can fall out of love very quickly with ballet pumps. I discover that some how they are not quite right after a few times of wearing them or I don’t like their shape anymore. I rarely choose to wear them as everyday shoes. I find wearing shoes without heels can be just as painful as wearing extreme heels.

Because these are cloth shoes they are not sturdy and so will only be good to use on dry days. Surprisingly I still like these even after two months and teamed up with black tights they have worked very well. They are robust to use with the Brompton and small and light enough to carry in the pannier or messenger bag.

I like them so much I will get another pair as they were £6.

Comments