Monday, 23 June 2008

A basket for my Brompton


The one small regret I had about my Brompton was that it didn’t have basket. I’ve always had baskets on my old bike. I got through a series of cheap wire baskets as eventually one of the attachments would snap and I have to get another. Cheap but I loved them anyway. I was resigned to being without a basket for the Brompton because although they make a small basket type carrier in basic black canvas it is ugly and overpriced for what it is. So I was delighted to discover in Velorution a quirky bike shop in Gt Titchfield St W1, that someone has made baskets for M type and S type Bromptons. Not cheap at £50 but beautifully well made. It was an instant sale.

5 comments:

Milady said...

Basket is great! Is it easy to get on and off the bike? or do you just tend to leave it attached? I have a brompton S type and I have the front luggage thing but stylish it is not..

Joseph said...

Very nice basket, shame about the store, I've boycotted it since the owners near racist rant: http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=15744

Although there is an expat called David Hembrow who lives in the Netherlands, apparently his family trade is basket making, so I might kit out my Brompton with one of those: http://hembrow.eu/bicycle.html

Velorution said...

Funny that Velorution has the most international staff and clientele of any bicycle shop in London, and yet there is a small band of people intent on spreading slanderous comments about the owner.

Cycling in Heels said...

Dear Velorution

Thank you for your comment. As the writer of this blog I do not share the sentiments expressed in the previous comment. I checked the link and it appears to be from a bike forum and I could not find the original source in order to form my own view. The comment owner has expressed a personal view of which he is entitled and after consideration I published it. I have visited Velorution on occasion and will continue to do so. I have found the staff helpful and I have reported this in this blog. You will note I have a link to your shop. If I had found otherwise I would have stated so on this blog. I hope this makes my position clear.

Thanks for coming by.

Cycling in Heels

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, I MUST have one now!