Dream bikes & cycling dreams



I have written about this before but last night I again watched the BBC4 doc by Rob Penn ‘The ride of my life’ about his journey to create the bike of his dreams. It reminds me of why cycling is a joy and obsession. But still a long way to go until it safe for everyone to ride everywhere.

I saw this Brompton a couple weeks ago. Bronze metal is currently my favourite colour for my next Brompton. This Brompton has a Brooks saddle and an impressive lock. I want one too.

NB. The link to the see the documentary will only last until Sunday 6 February 2011.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ach. And we can't watch the documentary in the U.S. But, it was your taxes that paid for it, right? Alack...
Leslie said…
Bronze is good, but I wish they did one with a nickel frame - not as shiny as chrome, not as matt as aluminium, nicer than both. Mind you, I'm very happy with the (black) one I've got!
Oh, I struggle w/ bike envy, too. Yes, the Brompton is very lovely. I've been thinking of getting a Brooks saddle and slightly swept back handlebar for my Eco 3. I'm so, so weak!
Sparky said…
Looks like the 'raw lacquer' finish - so that you can see the brazing. Saw one of these in On Your Bike at London Bridge station on Monday, in with the rainbow colour display.
Anonymous said…
Mmm the Raw Lacquer Brompton, I really wanted one of those until I saw it in the ... metal, the matt coating made me favour other colours and when I saw red...it was a simple decision :)


Glad to see you back, thought you'd hung up your many shoes ;)