Carradice Stockport

Today I renewed my research for a new bag for the Brompton. I had planned to start cycling after I got the Brompton serviced in May but I knew that I wanted a new bag. I was told by someone in Brompton Junction that new bags would be coming so I waited. I don’t think they did or if they did I don’t see a difference. I still have and use my old Brompton roll top bag, but it is too big and bulky. I have also never liked the fact that it did not have an contrasting colour interior lining which I complained about to Brompton years ago. I also still have an old Brompton zip top bag which is too small and frankly a bit dull. I do have a messenger bag a Bagaboo which I got back in the day when everyone used messenger bags and they came in many colours and sizes. My Bagaboo is still good and can carry everything but sadly I cannot carry it on my back any more. I have problems with my lower spine. I was at the point of settling for the black Brompton messenger bag in black. Functional but dull. I decided to Google for other bags by other companies having just recalled that other companies, other than Ortilieb did make bags for Brompton. I completely forgot about Carradice and they are still going strong and have a number of lovely affordable Brompton bags. I brought the Carradice Stockport today at Compton Cycles in Catford for £140. I also wanted to buy the City Folder but they only had red and I didn’t want two red bags. The colour has lifted my spirits already and I can’t wait to get out to use it. It has a slightly smaller capacity of 16 litres to the Bagaboo which was more than enough anyway. It has a good wide strap which is very important when you have to carry it and I love the tartan lining. Nearly forgot. It comes with a seperate bag for a lap top.

Comments